Friday, September 25, 2009

Am I Really Doing This Again?

Yes, I am. There is absolutely nowhere else I would rather be. That’s probably a lie. I can’t differentiate my own lies from my own truths right now. This should be an amazing night. You’re here to read about the plays, though.

DSCF0788

The first picture from this evening. Peter delivers the standard speech to everyone. You can tell that absolutely everyone is excited to be here. I may be implanting my own emotions in to others again, but you get the idea. To be entirely honest, if you want to know basically how this goes down, you should read this. What do you mean “All of those times are wrong” or “That’s from last time!” Whatever. I’ll go in to more detail.

DSCF0789

I took this wicked picture of Eugene right after the speech ended. It was rad. Peter dismissed everyone to go in to their focus groups. Eugene Lindsey is a full grown Tech Director for this show. He’s clearly showing these children how to handle tech work.

DSCF0792

Peter Ellenstein worked with the actors. He ran them through a number of humorous actions cleverly disguised as breathing exercises. Great job, Peter! No really, this stuff works.

DSCF0793

These exercises are so effective that they made Peter pregnant. UPDATE: I’m informed that Peter is not pregnant, but instead he is demonstrating that one should breathe in to their diaphragm.

DSCF0794

From there I wandered down to FA114 where Marcia Cebulska (yes, the most famous playwright in Kansas) guided our writers through a number of exercises which seemed even less stimulating that Peter’s. UPDATE: I’m informed that these are mental exercises rather than hideously ineffective workout regimens. This was truly the beginning of the excitement for me. These writers are brilliant, but more on that later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...*crickets stirring*, I understand that you are part of the Fellowship. Lead us, wise one.

Unknown said...

yes! I'm so excited, I can't sleep!! Write me some gold material!!!

Annette Farinella said...

Peter looks beautiful. I can verify that he is not pregnant, and impossibility Nick, if you are not yet aware. I must introduce myself to you this evening, if you are awake and cognizant..