Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Writers – Asa Walker

DSC00210

I could have thought of a clever title for this segment. The more I thought about it, the lamer it sounded to me. As a result, tonight we shall be meeting not the Midnight Muses of old, but instead simply the writers. They are no less important than their predecessors, they just don’t get their own spiffy title. Sorry. Again, I feel that the writers are often overlooked in this process, so I take special care to make sure each and every one gets there own moment in the spotlight.

I start things off tonight with Asa Walker from Labette County. I start off just generally asking how he was feeling at this point in the game.

Artitically drained... tired, but very Red Bulled. That's a verb, right. What's the infinitive? To Red Bull. Something like that.

To be funny (at least to myself), I asked if he had a shoutout to all the folks back home.

Kill "the man."

He didn’t specify that "the man” should be in quotes, however, I felt that adding them made the statement less incriminating. About now I realized that my interviewing skills are irrepariably awful, so I just asked Asa to go on a lengthy diatribe. He didn’t disappoint.

Dude, writing a play was harder than I thought. Everyone's like "writing dialogue is the hardest part of writing." It is. It's hard to connect the major points in your story with the stepping stones to get there. It's doable, ya dig. Peter's reading my play right now, so I don't know how to feel with my emotions. We'll see. You could say I'm in an emotion purgatory right now. My next course of action is some pizza pringles and another red bull and then some revisions. I'm also probably going to wander the halls in there somewhere, because it's more fun than sitting at Bruce's desk. Also known as a model for what a tornado victims house looks like.

More to come, readers.

DSC00211

No comments: